A Better 11 means safe, livable neighborhoods in the 11th District. This is a top priority for Councilwoman Traci Park who believes this begins by rebuilding collaborative relationships between our communities. Park recognizes the need to support the brave women and men who serve as first responders and public safety partners in the community.
The councilwoman will always fight to ensure our local first responders have the funding, staffing, and resources they need to keep our communities safe and healthy.
She also recognizes the need to restore the trust and collaborative partnership we need to keep our families, businesses, and neighborhoods safe.
Top policing priorities for the councilwoman include:
- Expand public safety personnel.
- Partner with mental health professionals and social workers.
- Reduce human trafficking and sex crimes.
- Get meth and fentanyl off our streets.
- Address the crisis of gun violence.
- Fight property crime.
- Elevate hate-crime prevention and enforcement.
- Support victims.
First responders at the Los Angeles Fire Department are critical. In addition to being on the front line of the pandemic and fighting fires, our partners at LAFD deal every day with medical, overdose, and other calls that are straining resources.
The councilwoman’s top priorities for LAFD include:
- Expand staffing and resources at LAFD.
- Protect our hillside and canyon communities.
- Invest in technology to mitigate fire risks.
- Invest in Fire Department facilities and equipment.
- Scale and implement innovative programs for better flexibility.